Search this blog
- The mysterious case of the missing budget cuts
- Why are Louisiana universities so powerless in Baton Rouge?
- Louisiana’s fiscal woes distract us and obscure what really ails us
- Why stop at Trump’s food-in-a-box plan? Here are some other horrible ideas the White House might consider
- Why do so many fearful Christians put more faith in guns than God?
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- The mysterious case of the missing budget cuts March 9, 2018
- Why are Louisiana universities so powerless in Baton Rouge? March 2, 2018
- Louisiana’s fiscal woes distract us and obscure what really ails us February 23, 2018
- Why stop at Trump’s food-in-a-box plan? Here are some other horrible ideas the White House might consider February 16, 2018
- Why do so many fearful Christians put more faith in guns than God? February 9, 2018
Tag Archives: Edwin Edwards
By Robert Mann Former KKK leader David Duke was once an aberration in the Republican Party – an unabashed racist and xenophobe seeking higher office by appealing to voters’ baser instincts. The novelty of Duke, running again for the U.S. … Continue reading
By Robert Mann At the risk of kicking a dead donkey, I will expound upon my recent controversial column in the Times-Picayune | NOLA.com, in which I argued that a Democrat almost certainly cannot win this year’s Louisiana’s governor’s race. … Continue reading
In 1992, then-LSU Board member Rolfe McCollister demanded Edwin Edwards arrest over college budget cuts
By Robert Mann In the fall of 1992, Rolfe McCollister, publisher of the Greater Baton Rouge Business Report, was a member of the LSU Board of Supervisors. At the time, the state was enduring a budget crisis. Higher education was … Continue reading
By Robert Mann By now, it seems clear that former Bobby Jindal aide Garret Graves will handily defeat former Gov. Edwin Edwards for the 6th district congressional seat. Graves will be going to Congress in January unless, as Graves suggested … Continue reading
By Robert Mann Until this weekend there was only one unacceptable candidate in Louisiana’s 6th district congressional race. Now there are two. Add to the list Republican Garret Graves, who along with the wife of former Gov. Edwin Edwards, have descended … Continue reading
By Robert Mann What’s the difference between former Gov. Edwin Edwards and U.S. Sen. David Vitter? Vitter paid prostitutes and apologized while an unabashed Edwards has often bragged about his sexual prowess. Vitter has always campaigned against public corruption while … Continue reading
By Robert Mann There probably was a time when Gov. Bobby Jindal and his aides believed they could ignore Louisiana as Jindal ramped up his 2016 presidential campaign. I can hear his advisors telling him, “As long as you’re feeding them … Continue reading