Search this blog
- The mysterious case of the missing budget cuts
- Why are Louisiana universities so powerless in Baton Rouge?
- Louisiana’s fiscal woes distract us and obscure what really ails us
- Why stop at Trump’s food-in-a-box plan? Here are some other horrible ideas the White House might consider
- Why do so many fearful Christians put more faith in guns than God?
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- The mysterious case of the missing budget cuts March 9, 2018
- Why are Louisiana universities so powerless in Baton Rouge? March 2, 2018
- Louisiana’s fiscal woes distract us and obscure what really ails us February 23, 2018
- Why stop at Trump’s food-in-a-box plan? Here are some other horrible ideas the White House might consider February 16, 2018
- Why do so many fearful Christians put more faith in guns than God? February 9, 2018
Tag Archives: Louisiana economy
By Robert Mann Few, if any, at the state Capitol should have been shocked that no Louisiana city was among the 20 finalists for the massive, new second Amazon.com headquarters, also known as HQ2. The $6.56 billion in tax incentives … Continue reading
By Robert Mann You would think fixing Louisiana government’s fiscal affairs was like achieving Middle East peace or beating Alabama at football. For almost 10 years, state government has staggered from one fiscal crisis to another. Lawmakers are like blindfolded … Continue reading
“When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.” –Archbishop Dom Helder Camara By Robert Mann The only thing more scandalous than Louisiana’s pervasive poverty is … Continue reading
By Robert Mann Did you know that Louisiana is an economic paradise? Are you aware that business executives stampede here with a fervor not unlike that of the 1849 California gold rush? I know what you’re thinking. Like me, you’re … Continue reading
By Robert Mann Gov. Bobby Jindal’s “State of the State” address to the Louisiana Legislature on Monday was such a cornucopia of half-truths and distortions, it’s difficult to know where to start. The longer Jindal serves as governor, the greater … Continue reading
By Robert Mann If Louisiana’s economy is booming as Gov. Bobby Jindal keeps telling us, then why is he always mandating mid-year budget cuts and spending freezes? Friday brought us yet another mid-year budget freeze, by virtue of an executive order Jindal issued … Continue reading
By Robert Mann In a country with greater labor mobility than any other place in the world, why would any ambitious young person want to remain in Louisiana? Almost every other state promises more opportunity and a better quality of life. We’re … Continue reading