Search this blog
- The mysterious case of the missing budget cuts
- Why are Louisiana universities so powerless in Baton Rouge?
- Louisiana’s fiscal woes distract us and obscure what really ails us
- Why do so many fearful Christians put more faith in guns than God?
- RT @mccaffreyr3: George Will at his most direct on Trump and his shameful performance in office. National security imperiled by trump’s att… 2 hours ago
- RT @CantCii_Cid: My grandmother owns a Creole/Soul food restaurant in the heart of New Orleans!!! It is BLACK owned and FAMILY owned! We ha… 2 hours ago
- The mysterious case of the missing budget cuts March 9, 2018
- Why are Louisiana universities so powerless in Baton Rouge? March 2, 2018
- Louisiana’s fiscal woes distract us and obscure what really ails us February 23, 2018
- Why do so many fearful Christians put more faith in guns than God? February 9, 2018
Tag Archives: Mitch Landrieu
By Robert Mann New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu last week (May 19) delivered one of the most honest speeches on race I’ve ever heard from a white Southern politician. I know, that’s not saying much. It’s a low bar Landrieu … Continue reading
By Matt Higgins “However expressive, symbols can never be the things they stand for.” – Aldous Huxley The recent controversy surrounding New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu’s plan to remove four monuments dedicated to Confederate figures and events has sparked a rowdy … Continue reading
By Robert Mann In my most recent column in NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune, I offered a tribute to Louisiana’s politicians and public officials for remarkable achievements in 10 categories during 2014. Here are the runners-up in the various categories. Please … Continue reading
By Robert Mann “I advise anyone who thinks he knows something about politics to go down to Louisiana and take a postgraduate course.” –Texas U.S. Sen. Tom Connally, 1932. If you are obsessed with politics, Louisiana is the place for … Continue reading