Search this blog
- The mysterious case of the missing budget cuts
- Why are Louisiana universities so powerless in Baton Rouge?
- Louisiana’s fiscal woes distract us and obscure what really ails us
- Why stop at Trump’s food-in-a-box plan? Here are some other horrible ideas the White House might consider
- Why do so many fearful Christians put more faith in guns than God?
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- The mysterious case of the missing budget cuts March 9, 2018
- Why are Louisiana universities so powerless in Baton Rouge? March 2, 2018
- Louisiana’s fiscal woes distract us and obscure what really ails us February 23, 2018
- Why stop at Trump’s food-in-a-box plan? Here are some other horrible ideas the White House might consider February 16, 2018
- Why do so many fearful Christians put more faith in guns than God? February 9, 2018
Tag Archives: presidential campaign
By Robert Mann I know you and your fellow millennials were wild about Sen. Bernie Sanders and many are now excited by Libertarian Party nominee Gary Johnson. As for Hillary Clinton, you think she’s shady and represents the past as … Continue reading
By Robert Mann There will come a time, probably after the Nov. 8 presidential election, when prominent Louisiana Republicans will express their disgust with the GOP’s presidential nominee, Donald Trump. People like U.S. Sen. Bill Cassidy, House Majority Whip Steve … Continue reading
Not long after I became press secretary for U.S. Sen. Russell Long in 1985, one of his old friends, former U.S. Rep. Joe D. Waggonner, gave me some advice. “Russell is 66,” the retired Shreveport-area congressman reminded me. “Don’t try … Continue reading
By Robert Mann DES MOINES, Iowa — Last Monday morning at Inspired Grounds Café in West Des Moines, Gov. John Kasich of Ohio insulted 20 LSU students. Our group was among the audience of locals stuffed into the coffee shop’s back … Continue reading
By Robert Mann When I heard that Donald Trump had booted Univision’s Jorge Ramos from a press conference on Tuesday in Dubuque, Iowa, I couldn’t wait to watch the indignant response of the other journalists in the room. That’s because I was … Continue reading
By Robert Mann Month after month, week after week, Gov. Bobby Jindal labors to make himself relevant to the 2016 presidential election. Every week, Jindal make some (increasingly) desperate attempt for attention and relevance. Each week, he gives an interview … Continue reading
By Robert Mann Remember in 2009 when the actor Joaquin Phoenix began exhibiting bizarre behavior? He grew a wild beard, announced that he had left acting and said he was adopting a new career – as a rap artist. As … Continue reading